Monday, May 12, 2008

The Boy Who Lost His Face.

Now, as gory as the book's title sounds, it isn't. It is written by the incredible writer, Louis Sachar, I like a lot of his other books which I will surely review shortly.

It is about a young American teenager named David, who tags along with the popular kids, until one day they decide to steal a cane from the old lady living down the road. They go through with it and do lots of really mean stuff to her, like trampling her flowerbeds, pushing her out of her chair, pouring lemonade on her head, breaking her window and then stealing her cane.

Now David never wanted to do this, and he feels that he has nothing to do with it. But who is more to blame? The leaders or the followers?

David starts to think he is cursed when all the things that happened to Mrs Bayfield happens to him!!!

I suggest that you read this book because it really is good and there are lots of shocks and surprises all the way through. To order it follow this link,

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/219531/The-Boy-Who-Lost-His-Face/Product.html



I give this book a 7/10 because, although I t was a great story, there was no climax or really, really exciting bit.



NOTE - Before I said that I would only post on Wednesdays, I have now changed my mind. I will post once a week when I have time.

No comments: